Dear Valued Patients,
As Coronavirus (COVID-19) remains a frequent topic of global news, we wanted to reassure you that Prince William Family Medicine is watching the situation very closely. Prince William Family Medicine is in contact with the appropriate public health departments on a regular basis and has emergency communication protocol in place should the situation worsen. We will continue to monitor the CDC for additional information and guidance. Please continue to check this website for updated information (located in the links below). We will also be initiating communication periodically based on your preferred method of communication.
At this time we are not able to provide testing for COVID19 due the lack of available test kits for Primary Care Providers.
There currently are no FDA approved medications for COVID19 and no approved vaccines available.
We are initiating a telemedicine service that will be announced on our website when available. In the meantime, if you are experiencing cold or flu like symptoms please call our office.
The following preventive measures should be taken to help reduce the spread of COVID-19:
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds and help young children do the same. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid sharing food or drinks with people who are sick.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with your elbow or a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash. If you do not have a tissue, use your sleeve (not your hands).
If you are experiencing symptoms (fever, cough, or flu/cold symptoms) please DO NOT walk in, please call the office.
Public Information Sites: